Bavarian Motorcycles in Centurion stocks a complete range of original BMW S 1000 RR accessories. Some are designed to improve its performance, some enhance the rider experience – and some purely add to its sex appeal. We take a look at the über cool gadgets that are available.
Lean into bends with ease
The absolute must-have CNC-milled HP rider’s footrest system allows a rider more freedom to push the limits around the bends and has a multitude of adjustments for enhanced individual safety and comfort.
- Aluminium alloy: super strong, lightweight & stable & anodised in three colours.
- Ergonomic modification: enhances comfort and safety & can be adapted to suit the individual rider.
- Footrest adjustment: empowers the rider to lean deeper into curves.
- Adjustable gear & brake levers: mounted on ball bearings and includes a carbon heel guard.
The latter can be modified for shift pattern reversal AKA race-shift pattern without any additional parts, but this is naturally only advised for use on the track and not for use on normal roads and highways.
The bracket on the exhaust system, which is on the right-hand footrest plate, is also removable. An HP titanium or HP race titanium exhaust system is furthermore available for use in conjunction with the Akrapovič sports muffler.
Virtually clutch-less gear shifting
The HP Pro Gearshift Assistant makes shifting of gears a total breeze, but it is not a semi-automatic or automatic transmission. So it does not take away from the rider’s control, but rather supports & enhances it. Most importantly, it enables the rider to shift up & down without the need to use the clutch or throttle at virtually any speed or load. Key benefits are:
- Reduction of shifting times.
- Significant decrease in load change effects on the rear wheel.
- Can be used in conjunction with the race shift pattern.
- Gears are engaged at the foot lever via the standard technique.
Optimal safety and efficiency
There are a number of accessories for the S 1000 RR that can be utilised to minimise risk of damage to key parts during incidents.
- CNC-milled aluminium HP hinged clutch & brake levers: it can pivot upward & return to its original position to prevent it from bending or breaking during a fall. Added advantages are the ergonomically rounded contours and manifold adjustment settings for clearance between the lever & handle bar.
- Aluminium & plastic handbrake lever protector: this ups safety on the racetrack as it helps to prevent the brake lever on the handlebars from being operated unintentionally when another motorcycle is touched. It therefore eliminates the chances of accidents due to the front wheel locking up.
- Crash pads or protectors for front & rear axles: this is made from tough abrasion-resistant plastic & it protects the fork & swing arm from getting scratched if the motorcycle tips over.
- Aluminium protectors with replaceable plastic anti-abrasion pads for left/right engine: this helps to safeguard the engine parts against abrasion damage & resultant engine damage or oil loss.
Reduce the weight, increase the x-factor
There are a number of accessories that are manufactured from carbon, which will not only help to reduce the weight of your S 1000 RR for enhanced performance – but also boost its appearance. This includes HP carbon engine spoilers, front wheel covers, tank covers and airbox covers that can replace the standard plastic versions.
There are also strengthened forged black anodised aluminium wheels. These wheels are around 2 kg lighter than the standard versions and are designed to improve handling and suspension response.
Prepared to travel where the road may lead you
Available BMW accessories include a black enhanced-functionality rear bag with a volume of up to ±32 litres. It is waterproof, geared for any weather conditions and is attached neatly to the passenger seat. It also has reflectors for improved visibility.
Increased protection against the elements
A high bubble windshield is available that is around 5 cm higher than the standard windshield. This small variation makes a massive difference in increased wind protection for the rider.
Keep your ride in mint condition
BMW Motorrad offers two dedicated front & rear sport auxiliary stands that should be used in combination. The stands are lightweight, easy to use & transport & have a load bearing capacity of 200 kg. It also has paint protection films at strategic points to reduce the danger of scratching.
Clients who buy their motorcycles at Bavarian Motorcycles receive an exclusive Ultimate Rider Rewards card that can be used for future purchases at the dealership. Present your Ultimate Rewards Card and get 5-10% cash back when you buy BMW accessories, BMW rider gear and BMW original service parts. Click here for more information.