A thoroughbred superbike by design, the highly acclaimed BMW S 1000 RR was originally created as a supersports bike for competing in the 2009 Superbike World Championship. In 2015, BMW Motorrad once again pushed the envelope – by adapting it to become a road-ready sports motorcycle.
The outcome? Adrenalin-charged performance fused with pure riding pleasure!! We take a look at the key features of this incomparable supersports machine.
A body to die for
The absolute quintessence of a powerful superbike, the S 1000 RR is bound to excite, not only because of its technology, but also because of the aesthetics. Every little trimming and detail was purposefully designed to highlight the features of a true RR: ultra-defined, aggressive – and unapologetically arrogant.
- A forceful, high-definition flyline
- Highly accentuated contours from the front to the rear
- Acutely emphasised symmetrical headlamp elements
A quickening of the pulse, an awakening of the senses
BMW Motorrad took a holistic approach to the engineering of the S 1000 RR to ensure every element and component of it is integrated for optimal performance and greater agility. Amongst others, this includes:
- A water-cooled, four-cylinder, four-stroke in-line 999ccm capacity engine
- Two overhead camshafts and four titanium valves per cylinder.
- An exhilarating improved output curve of 199 hp (146 kW) at 13,500 rpm
- A lighter bike that weighs only 204 kg with its ABS & traction control
It also has an increased torque of 113 Nm at 10,500 rpm – facilitated by a new, advanced exhaust system without the front silencer – plus an enhanced engine set-up. The maximum speed exceeds 200 km/h. Click here to see a video of the S 1000 RR in action.
An absolute pleasure to ride
One of the main factors that make this model so superior is the fact that all that power is packaged in a motorcycle – that is also a pleasure to ride.
- Brand new dynamic damping control (DDC) & dynamic traction control (DTC)
- New set-up of the entire suspension for improved rider feedback
- Heightened propulsion & ‘clutch-less’ gear shifting through the Shift Assistant Pro
- An instrument panel that can be adapted for various uses
- A wide range of BMW accessories to suit different rider styles
Buy a new BMW S 1000 RR in August at Prime –less 2
Buy a new BMW S 1000 RR or any other BMW motorcycle from Bavarian Motorcycles in the month of August 2016 at prime minus 2%. Plus you will receive an Ultimate Rider Rewards card that will earn you cash back for any future purchases of BMW rider gear, accessories & original BMW service parts.
The Ultimate Rider Rewards Programme are available from Bavarian Motorcycles in Centurion only. Feel free to contact us on 012- 643 1680 on for more information or click here to book a test ride.