An ever evolving legend, the new BMW R 1200 GS enduro motorcycle is poised to conquer any terrain with power, style and the greatest of ease. We take a look at some of the latest enhancements of this thoroughbred adventurer.
Consistently high torque. Raw power when you need it.
The new BMW R 1200 GS sports a two-cylinder opposed, four stroke, flat twin engine design that delivers 92 kW (125 hp) of power at 7,750 rpm. The engineering of the engine is underpinned by a novel concept that ingeniously combines air & liquid cooling & vertical flow. This ensures that it runs optimally & consistently delivers high torque – at all times.
Evolutionary features for pure riding perfection.
Intuitive handling and supreme control is enabled by a number of innovative additional improvements that all equate to sheer riding pleasure:
- A wet clutch with an anti-hopping feature: fitted with the latest & greatest development to counteract rear-wheel hopping when braking in a curve – or riding on hard terrain
- Electromotive throttle actuator with an E-Gas application: ensuring impeccably controlled torque output and total responsiveness – to adapt to an endless range of riding conditions
- Four optional riding modes: making it possible to adapt to virtually any terrain, through the simple push of a button.
- Optional Dynamic ESA: enables the automatic configuration of the suspension to the terrain & load state.
- A more rigid mainframe, plus enhanced Paralever & Telelever: this translates into greater stability & superior steering precision for enduro purposes
An adventurer by design. With designer lines to suit any discerning rider.
The new R 1200 GS boasts all the iconic visual GS elements that have gained an established following worldwide – with a few subtle yet distinct transformations. In addition, riders are presented with a repertoire of distinctive options & three extensive variants of equipment – to create a unique ride.
The R 1200 GS put to the test.
BMW Motorrad launched the new GS through a world-first kind of campaign, titled “One World. One R 1200 GS.” The campaign involved sending five enduro riders on five gruelling adventure tours around the world. Click here to view some of the highlights of it, or click here to watch a video of the new R 1200 GS in action.
Own a GS and extend its life with an extended warranty & service plan from Bavarian Motorcycles only.
Bavarian Motorcycles in Centurion, 1 of the only few flagship BMW Motorrad stores in the world, offers a range of exclusive value adds that contributes substantially towards the long-term economy of your motorcycle. This includes a service plan, extended warranty & the Ultimate Rider Rewards loyalty cash-back programme. Book a test ride or contact the dealership now for more info about special offers on the new BMW R 1200 GS.